Together with surgery, hemodynamics and specialized cardiac care, electrophysiology is one of the four main areas of intervention of the Montreal Heart Institute (MHI).
Electrophyisiology has helped the Institute achieve its strategic vision as regards care, teaching and research:
- To provide high quality care to Quebec patients and give them access to new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches in cardiac electrophysiology.
- To reinforce the Institute's role as both local and international leader in the treatment of arrhythmic disorders and to make it known that it's laboratory for interventional electrophysiology has a supraregional vocation.
- To continue the tradition of training local and foreign cardiologists in cardiac electrophysiology.
- To ensure ongoing research, whether basic or clinical, in the area of cardiac arrhythmias.
- To pursue research and development activities with respect to technologies in cardiac electrophysiology.