Research Centre, MHI
Department of Psychology, U.d.M.
Department of Psychology, UQAM
Bianca D'Antono, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology in the Faculty of Arts and Science at Université de Montréal and Director of the research unit in behavioural and complementary medicine at the Montreal Heart Institute. Her general research interests are mind-body interactions, the evaluation of the psychological and psychophysiological determinants and consequences of cardiovascular disease or related disorders as well as the application of this knowledge in preventing and/or treating the disease.
• Male/female differences
• The role of stress, hostility and distress on cardiovascular health
• Autonomic nervous system and cardiovascular health
• Psychological distress and recurrent syncope
• Risk of hypertension/coronary artery disease/heart failure
• Sensitivity to pain and clinical impact
• Psychological (e.g., stress management, anxiety) or psychophysiological (e.g., biofeedback, yoga) intervention.